U16A Team Tryouts
For the 2017-2018 season, SWRA has amalgamated with the St. James and MacDonald Associations to form one A team and two B teams. MacDonald will be hosting the A team, and both St. James and SWRA will be hosting B teams.
MacDonald will be running the tryouts for the A team. If you indicated your desire to tryout for the A team during the registration process, your contact information was provided to the MacDonald Association, and they have sent out emails to everyone trying out regarding their assessment times. If you haven't received an email, please contact the SWRA U16 rep ASAP.
The email sent out about tryouts is below:
Dear ringette player/parent,
Thank-you for registering for the MacDonald Ringette Association 2017/2018 U16A try-out.
Please note there is a cost of $80.00 per player to attend tryouts. Cheques can be made payable to “Macdonald Ringette Association". This is due at the first Tryout session.
The Ice times for the U16A tryouts are as follows:
- Wednesday September 20th at 8:30PM - 9:30PM at Starbuck Arena
- Thursday September 21st at 7:15PM - 8:45PM at Starbuck Arena (please note 1.5 hour time slot)
- Sunday September 24th at 11:30AM - 12:30PM at Oak Bluff Arena (please note original email said Starbuck arena, this was incorrect)
We would ask that all players try to arrive 40 minutes early in order to receive an assigned jersey. Jersey’s must be returned at the conclusion of each scheduled ice time. Players are also asked to not wear any team identifying jerseys, pants or decals on any of their equipment. **Goalies please bring 2 different coloured jerseys (not just black and white).**
- Ice session #1 - scrimmage
- Ice session #2 - scrimmage against U14AA Magic
- Ice session #3 - scrimmage