U19A Team Tryouts
For the 2017-2018 season, SWRA has amalgamated with the St. James and MacDonald Associations to form one A team and two B teams. St. James will be hosting the A team, and both MacDonald and SWRA will be hosting B teams.
St. James will be running the tryouts for the A team. If you indicated your desire to tryout for the A team during the registration process, your contact information has been provided to the St. James Association, and they should now have been in contact with you with the dates and times for your tryout skates.
The email sent out to all U19A tryout players from St. James is as follows (if you did NOT receive this email, please contact the U19 convenor immediately).
"Dear ringette player/parent,
Thank-you for registering for the St. James Ringette Association 2017/2018 U19A try-out. In preparation for your try-out please take a moment to review both attached documents that outline both "Evaluation Procedures" and "Specific Tryout information".
Please note there is a cost of $70.00 per player to attend tryouts. Cheques can be made payable to the "St James Ringette Association" . This is due at the first Tryout session.
The Ice times for the u19A tryouts are as follows:
- Wednesday September 20th at 7:15 pm at Keith Bodley Arena (165 Sansome ave.)
- Thursday September 21st at 7:15 pm at Keith Bodley Arena
- Saturday September 23rd at 1:50 pm at the Bell MTS Ice Plex
- Sunday September 24th at 3:25 pm at the Bell MTS Ice Plex
We would ask that all players try to arrive at least 40 minutes early in order to receive an assigned jersey/piney. Jersey’s must be returned at the conclusion of each scheduled ice time. Players are also asked to not wear any team identifying jerseys or decals on any of their equipment. If possible bring both a light and dark jersey to the tryout.
· Ice session #1 will be a exhibition Game versus a local u16AA team.
· Ice session #2 will be a exhibition Game versus a local u16AA team.
· Ice session #3 and #4 will consist of some skills and a inters quad scrimmage.
Try out Coordinator"