SWCC/St. Norbert Protocols
Starting September 6, 2021
The South Winnipeg & St. Norbert Community Centres are committed to ensuring a safe experience for everyone in our facility, from participants to staff, volunteers and guests. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to meet the requirements mandated by the most recent Manitoba Public Health Orders.
Masks: All spectators and participants are required to wear masks upon entry into these facilities. At this time, participants, coaches, instructors are not required to wear a mask when on the ice.
Proof of Vaccine Requirements: Effective September 6, 2021 new Manitoba Public Health Orders require all individuals 18 years of age or older to be fully vaccinated in order to enter the SWCC or St. Norbert facilities.
The province’s vaccination requirement currently does not include individuals between the ages of 12-17 related to youth sports. Starting September 6, 2021, all individuals must check in when entering the facility. Individuals will be required to show proof of full immunization (2 doses of Health Canada approved COVID – 19 vaccine received at least 2 weeks prior to the date of visit to the SWCC or St. Norbert facility) and photo ID.
Children under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a fully immunized care giver who is 18 years of age or older. Participants who cannot be accompanied by a parent or guardian will be the responsibility of their individual coach or team manager while in the facility.
Arrival and Capacity Limitations:
• Participants, coaches, referees, officials, instructors will be allowed entry into the facility 30 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time
• It is recommended that players younger than the age of 13 arrive at the facility dressed in the appropriate equipment. This will minimize the time required for the parent to assist in final stages of preparation (tying of skates) in the dressing room area
• Spectators will be allowed entry into the facility 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ice time
• Limit of one spectator per participant will allow us to meet the provincial guide lines. Sorry, siblings not permitted.
• Upon entry into the building, participants to proceed to the designated dressing room and spectators are to proceed to the arena seating area. Spectators and/or participants will not be allowed to congregate in the lobby/viewing area of either facility. Dress warm for the cooler arena temperatures!
• To eliminate congestion, spectators and participants are to exit the facility through the designated arena exit immediately following an on-ice session.
• When entering the facility, continue to exercise social distancing of 2 meters whenever possible
• Participants are to utilize the washroom facilities located in their dressing room
• Showers can now be utilized
• Dressing rooms are to be vacated no longer than 30 minutes after an on-ice session
• Spectators may utilize public washrooms in dressing room wing at the SWCC Richmond Site
• Spectators may utilize the public washrooms on the viewing area level at the St. Norbert Site